.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Give Up The Ring

Former Tampa Bay Buc and St. Louis Ram defensive lineman, Chidi Ahanotu was ordered to give up his NFC Championship ring he won in 2002 with St. Louis.

Circuit Judge Elizabeth Rice said that Ahanotu must give up the ring to help pay more than $130,000 in legal fees, that his ex-wife's lawyers says he owes. Ahanotu says that he gave the ring to his brother to settle up a $30,000 debt.

Ahanotu says the ring (pictured below) is worth only $500 and says the ring he has is a replica made of white gold instead of the manufacturers yellow gold. Why would he trade the ring in and devalue it, I'll never know. Ahanotu says he doesn't have the money.



"This court system is a farce," Ahanotu said. "This court wants a man to hand over his once-in-a-lifetime accomplishment to pay some damn attorney's fees? I could see if it was going to pay something for my children or my ex-wife.''

"At the time I'd been retired from the NFL for three years, and I hadn't made close to $100,000 up to that point," he said. "Since that time I still haven't made $100,000."


So you were retired, that doesn't mean you didn't have the money to pay for legal fees. Come on tough guy, get the money and saddle up. You played 11 years in the NFL and you don't have the money. I wish I was a business associate of yours, because somewhere along the lines of your playing days and retirement you were ripped off bad.

Judge Rice thinks Ahanotu is trying to defraud the system. In other words he's trying to pimp the system. Ahanotu will have to give up the ring or face going to jail.







      

No comments:

Post a Comment