.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Pacman Calls Fisher/Titans Divorce 'Dumbest Move Ever'

You would think that when Adam 'Pacman' Jones has something to say that it would be a bunch of garbage. However in this instance I can actually see where he's coming from. Jones seemed to be shocked when he heard that Jeff Fisher and the Tennessee Titans had a mutual parting of the ways. Jones spoke on their relationship and how Fisher tried to make him a better peron.

“I heard they fired Coach Fisher,” said Adam “Pacman” Jones, “and I was like, ‘What?! We had kind of a father-son relationship, he was hard on me, but he let me know he was there for me."

I guess a lot of people never knew about how Fisher tried hard to keep Jones on the right track and had some kind of special kinship.

"He never turned his back on me,” said Jones. “He came to my house several times. I could go to him and talk to him about anything. And I did. I got to a point in Tennessee where I ran out of options on my own and I turned to him. Coach Fisher was a great person. Great about caring, great about calling. Can’t get any better than him."

Wow, Jones actually respected Fisher. This I never imagined, probably because of all the off-field problems Jones had, there was the idea that Jones respected no one.

“I have no idea why they [fired him],” he says. “It’s gotta be the dumbest move ever. But that’s how they do things in Tennessee. It can be very weird down there. I still can’t believe it. But you know, things happen. I guess they fired me.”


Very insightful and kinda surprising considering the character he's exhibited in the past. I know I was also surprised when I heard that Fisher was stepping down. I look for him to take a Bill Cowher type of abscene adn wind up on one of the studio shows.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment