.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Sexting At Syracuse

I figure if your a coach in any sport, college or pro, men or women, you're married and have a family. I suppose you also have morals and wouldn't do anything to short change your family. Unless your Syracuse women's basketball coach Quentin Hillsman, alledgedly.

Former Orange player Lynnae Lampkins has filed a sexual harassment complaint against Hillsman. Hillsman was accused with inappropiate touching and texting which made her feel uncomfortable. I guess that would make a young woman feel uncomfortable. I don't know if this was the only player or to what extent this went to, but I feel that is something that could've been handled internally.

Lampkins told the USA Today that Hillsman would "slap butts and chest bump" and that "made her feel uncomfortable". She also says that Hillsman sent her a text message over the summer that read “I love you, I miss you, I can’t wait to see you.”


Syracuse conducted an investigation and says they find no substance to the allegations so no action will be taken against Hillsman. It looks like Q-Hill will be sticking around for a while.

Hillsman released a statement from the school. "This allegation is untrue and hurtful to me and my family. I have coached hundreds of student-athletes and never faced an accusation such as this. Specifically, the student has expressed concerns regarding a text message and conduct by me that occurred on the court. I utilize text messaging to communicate with our players and staff and the text in question was sent to multiple players and reflects my sentiments about the team, not a specific player."


If Hillsman wants to keep this from happening he shouldn't put himself in any kind of position that may be questioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment